STEVES WORLD TOUR 2006|2007|2008 : EUROPE EDITION

Friday, October 06, 2006

The bridge is yours captain!

So this evening we had a bit of a going away party for the secretary of the contractor site boss on our spread. Going along to be a sport, i meet a middle-age russian man who seems to be a bit of a character. He strolls across the room, and loudly asks "what is your name, my friend!". I say "Steve!". We shake hands, and before i can ask him his, he grabs a bottle of vodka, poors me half a glass and says "we drink!". So i politely accept, keeping in mind this is all being played out in front of the whole party.

He seems happy now, i guess he likes to welcome all the "new" faces.

But i couldn't shake off this feeling off recognition. Suddenly it hits me. I ask him (via translator) "Do you know the TV show Star Trek?" He says "yes" coyly. I say "You are a spitting image of the captain of Starship Enterprise, played by Will Shatner". Obviously he's heard this before, as not a second after i finish he dashed off down the hall and a minute later reappears with a captain hat on! I couldn't help but laugh at this guy, he was quite a character and his mannerisms were even very much like the captain. He chest sticks out proudly, one arm on his waist. The captain certainly had the bridge!

steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home